Fig and Fennel Toast with Goat Curd and Honey « Return to recipes index
Photography by David Solm, Adelaide Magazine
You will need:
- 2 tbsp honey, such as Buzz Honey etc.
- Few sprigs of thyme.
- 1 tsp orange rind zest - plus a little extra for garnish (see pic).
- 2 Willabrand glace figs, finely chopped.
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts plus a few extra for garnish (see pic).
- 200g tub Woodside Cheese Wrights goat curd.
- 1 small loaf Artisan Sourdough or fig and fennel fruit bread sliced thickly.
- Fennel seeds whole (optional).
- 2-3 fresh figs, thinly sliced (use 2-3 Willabrand glace figs when not in season).
How to create:
Method: Gently fold orange rind, glace figs & pine nuts into goat curd, but do not stir. Place slices of bread under a hot grill until just golden. Top with curd mixture, add a drizzle of honey & slices of fresh fig. Scatter a few pine nuts, fennel seeds & orange zest to serve. Perfect for brunch.